Saturday, March 31, 2007

Oh Please Just Make A Deal

Grey’s Anatomy has consistently high ratings, which is something I expected. I actually went looking for the ratings for Heroes. Heroes, my current TV addiction has had no new episodes (or old episodes for that matter) since our spring break. Instead, NBC has aired back to back episodes of Deal or No Deal. Apparently people enjoy Deal or No Deal, because it is a top rated show, ranking 11th for the season and 8th for the week. Is this why Heroes has not been on? Is it because Deal or No Deal gets viewers? All I know is that I do not enjoy the program and I want to watch Heroes. It seems to me as though changing a day or time would alter any show’s ratings. For example, if Deal or No Deal aired at the same time as Grey’s Anatomy, Deal or No Deal would likely suffer because it recieves half the number of viewers. Grey's is a hit show in an established time slot, which probably gives it preference to loyal viewers.

No comments: